The Caterpillar class is structured for the youngest of the children here at A Child Becomes – ages are between 2 1/2 and 3. The curriculum integrates skills from all learning domains: social and emotional, cognitive, language, and fine/gross motor with strong emphasis on building critical social and emotional skills. For many of our students, this is the first introduction to school and/or group and social learning. Children are slowly introduced to the classroom and our learning centers. They spend time getting know our teachers and their classmates through song and play. Teachers introduce routines that help guide and engage the students and create predictability to the day.
- Encouraging autonomy and independence as they learn to successfully separate from their parents.
- Implementing socialization skills with our friends and adults.
- Providing a safe and nurturing atmosphere where children can actively engage their minds and bodies in the learning process.
- Music, song and dance that helps to build language, relationships and manage emotions.
- Increasing color and shape recognition.
- Beginning counting skills.
- Awareness of alphabet and numbers.
CLASS SESSIONS 2018-2019
|Caterpillar||M/W/F (8:30-11:30 AM)||$3904|